Xtina Marie's first book of poetry, Dark Musings, has received outstanding reviews, in addition to being nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for poetry. It is likely she was born to this calling. Writing elaborate twisted tales to entertain her classmates in middle school would later lead Xtina to use her poetry as a private emotional outlet in adult life—words she was hesitant to share publicly—but the more she shared, the more accolades her writing received.
Light Musings: The Expanded Edition is ready for re-release early in 2018. Later in the year, Xtina’s dark poetry fans will be treated to some of her darkest work ever in her third book, tentatively titled: Darkest Sunlight. Her first Erotic Romance novel is well under way but has taken a back seat to an ever-increasing number of commitments.
Not only is Xtina a dear friend of mine, humble, kind, funny, and smart, she is also a member of the group The Nu Romantics (More on group here: About R.B. O'Brien and The NuR), and really captures what we mean when we say the romantic can be found in everything around us. Xtina shows us the beauty in darkness as well as light:
Sitting down to brave some of my questions, it's easy to see what I mean.
In our first-ever POETRY LIVE WRITE on Valentine's Day, Xtina took home the grand prize when writing LIVE and on-the-spot. The prompt was the picture below and the requirement was to use the words: birds and Paris. Here is what she produced, inspiring us with her verse:
Let's roam the streets
of a village in Paris
make love all night
sip wine on the terrace
Through the park, barefoot
let's stroll hand-in-hand
stopping to enjoy the music
strumming from the local band
Let's kiss at midnight
underneath the stars
making Venus blush
at this love of ours
Let's stay up all night
waiting on the birds
writing love poems
and marveling at the words
Let's spend Valentine's
whispering "I love you"
wrapped in each other's arms
our hearts forever true~Xtina Marie
You can find the Dark Princess by visiting her below:
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/XtinaMarie4031/
Goodreads ➜ www.goodreads.com/author/show/15167799.Xtina_Marie
Twitter ➜ twitter.com/Xtina0321
Instagram ➜ www.instagram.com/xtina0321/
Website ➜ wordpress.com/view/xtinamarie746334456.wordpress.com
Panic Room Radio Show ➜ www.panicroomradio.com/
Seelie Kay is an exceptional woman, writer, and member of The Nu Romantics. Get to know her latest release and previously published stories as she braved my interview questions below. I first got to know Seelie after reading her heart-breaking short in Pieces of Us.
Latest release: Kinky Briefs, Quatro, from eXtasy Books.
Take another kinky voyage through Lawyerland!
Indulge in a walk on the wild side with these sizzling short stories about lawyers in love, with a dash of kink. From painting well-hung nudes at a networking event or thwarting terrorists intent on harm to finding love despite a chronic illness or exploring kink on a train, these lawyers pursue love with a vengeance. And while affairs of the heart may come in all shapes and sizes—a law school ménage a trois, a middle-aged A.G. and a law firm associate, and a new marriage suddenly threatened by a spouse long believed dead—these relationships thrive despite the odds. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and yes, the resultant loin heating might even make you blush, but in the end, you’ll run out and buy a set of handcuffs. Because that’s the only way to defuse the sizzle created by these hot, sexy stories.
1. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Intimacy. That true joining with another human being. When you have that, you have it all. And protecting it is the only thing that matters.
2. Who is your favorite artist (writer, painter, musician, poet, etc.)? Painter: I am a Monet girl. I have always loved Impressionists—my house is filled with works by modern artists who paint in that style. Music: I love opera as well as luscious tenors--Andrea Bocelli, Il Divo, etc. I livestream the Met Opera. I was blessed with near perfect pitch, so I need to listen to people who sing on key and “flatter the notes.” Otherwise, I turn into a real witch! Poet: My favorite poem--John Keats, “A Thing of Beauty is a Joy For Ever.” Yes, I have a thing about seeking joy.
3. How would you like to die? Bent over a chair, being taken by the Alpha on the cover of my book, “A Touchdown To Remember.” Seriously, I want to go out screaming with pleasure.
4. What is your present state of mind? Joyful and grateful. I get to do what I love every single day (writing), and I have some truly wonderful people in my life.
5. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Intimacy. That perfect melding of mind, body, and soul with another human being, the unconditional acceptance of each other’s faults and weaknesses, as well as an appreciation of strengths and talents. When you have that, your life is filled with joy.
6. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “I’m sorry. I got distracted…”
7. If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be? No doubt. A butterfly. A wisp on the wind, a flutter on the tongue, a kiss on the lips. I will fly my little wings off.
Seelie is an MS warrior and ruthlessly battles the disease on a daily basis. Her message to those diagnosed with MS: Never give up. You define MS, it does not define you!
FIND HER HERE: